Monday, February 12, 2018

Teen Brain vs Adult Brain


the brain of a teenager and the brain of an adult differ partially causing them to think differently on different things and that is perfectly normal. The brain of a teenager has not yet developed fully in the way that the adult brain has, teenagers lack many of the nerve connections that tie the frontal lobe to the rest of the brain limiting their ability to think ahead.
I interviewed my little brother and my youth counselor from church who is twenty four and what I acknowledged from the answers each one of them gave for each scenario was that the teenager would just give me an answer for the most part and not really give an explanation why, but the adult would not only give me an answer but would break down why he gave that answer with a strong explanation. I gave the same eight scenarios to the teenager and the adult and asked them to tell me if they think each one of these scenarios was a good or bad idea in their opinion. I discovered that since the adult that I interviewed is still a young adult and was a teenager a few years ago, he would tell me that when he was younger he would of said that many of these scenarios that he said today are a bad idea would have been a good idea. I always knew that the brain of a teenager and adult differ because teenagers mostly think in the moment, while adults think of the consequences that may occur in the  future from their actions, but I had never interview them both and I thought this was really interesting and fun.

Sources:
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/07/25/the-difference-between-teenage-brains-and-adult-brains/
https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/teenage-brain-development-behavior-explained-frontal-lobe-function.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post!

Through out this semester I have gained so much knowledge and understanding of psychology and I know it will benefit me in the long run. I w...